Fall 2012 Safety Blitzes Announced by Ontario Government
The Ontario government has announced the launch of four targeted safety blitzes at workplaces across the province this Fall. The planned blitzes will focus on:
- supervision at construction sites (September and October);
- machine guarding hazards and repetitive strain injuries in manufacturing and industrial workplaces (October and November);
- infection prevention and control in health care workplaces (October and November); and
- transfer of ore in underground mines (November and December).
During the blitzes, Ministry of Labour inspectors will check on the following;
- the condition and maintenance of safety equipment;
- worker training;
- the use of safety equipment; and
- other potential health and safety hazards to help prevent workplace injuries.